Monday, November 6, 2017

Was This Week Halloween?

This week was. just. great. Before I tell about my week, I will answer your questions about Halloween! "Does the Philippines celebrate Halloween?" So yes they do, but, it is not very popular.  Our ward I think had a trunk or treat, but it's just for the little primary kids, and the Halloween here is from like Oct.31 until Nov. 3, so kids are just asking for candy, that's basically it haha.

But this week was pretty great. We were able to teach a new investigator that just told us on the first lesson the she was just interested to listen, but as we taught about the Restored Gospel, and as she felt that sweet feeling of the spirit, her intentions changed. And by the end of the lesson she accepted to be baptized on Nov.19!! What a blessing.

This week I have just reflected on my mission, how fast it has been, how I have changed, how far I have come, how blessed I have been. Some people say that their mission changed them so much. For me, I would say its true for me too but, something that overshadows that, I would say: The Atonement of Christ has changed me so much. It's changed me beyond belief, while I have been on my mission. I wouldn't be near who I am without Jesus Christ. Christ and His church, I would have to say is part of me. It is not just something we attend during the week or someone we pray to when we are in trouble. It's Someone we pray to always, and its somewhere we go everyweek to renew convenants to Christ to always remember Him.  

I love you all, and I love the Lord. Something President Koster tells us always is that "If your investigators are not progressing it means they are not reading the Book of Mormon." I reflected on that and realized if we are not "progressing" in our lives as members, if we feel like something is lacking or we feel far from Christ, it is indeed because we ourselves are not sincerely reading the Book of Mormon!

Kabahay Floral Tie Day

No comments:

Post a Comment