Monday, October 2, 2017

General Conference!! joke lang, next week for us :)

I'm thankful for all the emails about how GREAT General Conferece was! Unfortunately we have to wait until next week. But that will give us the oppritunity to work on our patience ;) 

But I'm so thankful for this week! I can't elaborate my feelings this week, but they were amazing!! There have been ups and downs obviously, but I'm thankful and I can tell I have changed so much. So lately we have been struggling with new investigators in our area, so we just put our faith in the Lord, and went finding everyday this week. On Wednesday we went finding 2pm-6pm and we were able to find 10 people that were willing to listen to the wonderful message we carry as missionaries. Something I like to say when we explain about the message we have, I'm always sure to say when I feel prompted to, is "What we will explain to you is not "our" message as missionaries, or something our leaders had made up, but it comes directly from Christ, through Prophets, our church leaders". 

One experience I'm so thankful for and something I think about often is what happened on Wednesday. We were able to find 40 workers, (what did I do? I got in and helped them dig of course and it was so awesome haha!!!!)  who all live in a boarding house they fashioned using what materials they could. It turns out they are here building cement walls near our house and will be here for more than a year. Those we talked with all came from different parts of the Philippines just to work here and gain money. I met a 16 year old who came with his brother, all the way to a 60 year old man. As we just sat on the curb on this back street, I was completely humbled by them and by the circumstances they were in. We shard about the Plan of Salvation and they could feel the Spirit working in them, because when we asked what they were feeling, they said it was a beautiful feeling. 

I'm grateful for the gift of charity, because I've been able to really love those we have been teaching. It's such a special feeling and it has changed me. I know this work is the most important work on the earth and I'm so humbled I'm able to be here engaged in it. I love all of you, and I know so strongly that Heavenly Father has such a perfect love for all of us.

Elder Cody Aguiar
Philippines Quezon City Mission

(Note from mom, Elder Aguiar is in the second to last row, third from the right)



No comments:

Post a Comment