Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Bagong Nayon Pa rin

Yun, so transfers are right now, and I'll be staying in the Bagong Nayon area for 6 months! haha but it is totally ok because this is my favorite area by far! The members are just so funny even if they are makulet, but they all have a special love for the gospel of Jesus Christ. So I'm not sure if you can really tell, but I'm really trying with my english right now. Some of the kids here or some of the rm's that are learinng english ask me for help and to speak in english or to translate something. I can't!! haha when I say something it just sounds so wierd!! ENGLISH IS WIERD! haha who would ever think I would say that? 

But these last weeks have been really... wonderful. I can honestly say that I have not seen so many miracles in my last 15 months than I have seen in these last 2 weeks. I'm extremely grateful for the many blessings from my Father in Heaven. As recorded in the Book of Alma, I too know that Man is nothing! Or as Moses had explained after his amazing experience with the Lord, he too knew that Man is nothing compared to God. 

Every Monday we have been having Family Home Evening with the recent convert Babante Family!! (Whose goal will be to be sealed next year in the Temple:) )They absolutely LOVE IT! They have been inviting their family who aren't members over and it's so fun! Last night Brother Babante ended with some closing remarks, and he expressed how much he loved us for helping him and his family be so happy. It was a heart touching experience. We met with Udices again this week! And I absolutely love him. The lessons we always have with him are always the best!! As he explains his week to us, he's starting to realize all the blessings and the miracles in his life! He said ever since we met with him, all the "bad demons have gone away". He's so great! We asked if he wanted a blessing with some other things he's been going through and he said yes. After the blessing he asked a question that I have never been asked after a blessing... "What was that? What did I see?" Me and my companion looked at each other because I was honestly so shocked. He said during the blessing he saw an image. He saw some sort of VISION.  He drew it out and It was something I have never seen before. I searched later that night in the book of Revelations, and found nothing. There were some correspondence but we still have no idea, but I think that's just between Udices and the Lord. 

I have been humbled to know of the confidence the Lord has had in me personally these last couple weeks. I'm so thankful that our Heavenly Father has more faith and confidence in all of us than we do in ourselves. That because He can see our infinite potiential and truly see what we can become.

I dont have pictures I'm sorry. I left My camera at homee.. Next week:)
--
Elder Cody Aguiar
Philippines Quezon City Mission

Note from Mom:  I got this picture from President Koster's post and I'm re-posting it so we (and by we, I mean me) don't have to be deprived of Cody's happy face this week :)





No comments:

Post a Comment