Monday, February 5, 2018

Wait... It's February?

So am I happy? Yes! And trust me it's not because its February, it's because I'm still a missionary :) So this week I got to wear flip flops and I wasn't allowed outside if it was raining, and it was supposed to rain almost everyday this last week!! But a miracle happened and we only got light rain. We also got to work a lot and do a lot of work this week:) So that was good!

We were between appointments when we got to talking to a random guy on the street.  He told us his family's last name is Bautista, which in spanish and tagalog means "baptist". So I asked him if he knew Juan Bautista (john the baptist) as I pulled out a picture of Christ being baptized. As he responded "Yes, that's me, I'm Juan Bautista.." Turns out his name is Juan Bautista!! hahahah We had a good laugh, I said that he and the picture looked alike.  We got to testify and get a return appt with him and his whole family later!! It was great!! 

I have really grown to love this area. I've learned a lot. Time really goes fast though when you 1.) love the work/people you are doing/serving and 2.) are diligent in your labors. I just keep telling people I go home in 2019!! hahah its the best :) 

The Book of Mormon is true. This Church is true, it just is. Everything just makes sense. Especially as I look at pioneer members of the church here, or senior couples, or the older members here. As I look at everything they have experienced, the knowledge they have culminated, the love for the Gospel, it just makes sense. To have a place (earth) where we can gain all this experience and then be transfered by death to the Spirit world, it just makes complete and total sense to me. 

What great knowledge and resources we have in this time of life here on earth!! It's amazing. 



--
Elder Cody Aguiar
Philippines Quezon City Mission

I'm going in!  

Everything is A-Ok

I love this guys shirt!  Haha

Fried chicken... chicken head that is

Area Namin

No comments:

Post a Comment