Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Power!

So this past week has been the HIGHLIGHT of my mission!! But sadly I dont have much time to share all the details about it... :(

This past Friday, we had a vist with ELDER ANDERSEN from the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. It was AMAZING!! I was on a spiritual high all that day! We were able to shake hands with him and with the area presidency. It was just such a humbling feeling. Even though I was super nervous haha for some reason, I was humbled and I know thats something like the Savior would be like. I forgot my many pages of notes from his talk, but the spirit was just spewing out of the roof of the chapel!!!  He talked about the spiritual gifts we were able to recieve and ref. Moroni 10:17 
17 And all these gifts come by the Spirit of Christ; and they come unto every man severally, according as he will.
That "he" is us. Because its obvioulsy lowercased. So according to our desire and will, through prayer and action we can acquire any of the spiritual gifts we want to acquire if we have a righteous desire. It was amazing. He had many other things he talked about, but thats just the one I'll share with you.

Then on Saturday and Sunday we had our stake conference. And earlier today we were able to attend the temple. I cannot tell you how much I have learned in the span of 1 week! It has been full of  spirit and revelation for myself and for our area here.

We have been having trouble lately finding people to teach for the last couple weeks, but we have focused on just doing what the Lord wants us to do and nothing else and... we have had SUCCESS! Just yesterday, we met and taught a family who seemed just to be glowing as we taught them about the Plan of Salvation and about the special plan that Our Father in Heaven has for each one of us. And as I have been able just to teach out of love and see them as the Lord does, I cannot explain the change that has occured! What a blessing!!!

I know this work is the most important work on the earth, I know that God lives and His Son is the head of this church right now. I know that the temple is truly the the House of the Lord and that we will be able to live in never ending joy in the next life if we strive to do our best.
-- 
Elder Cody Aguiar
Philippines Quezon City Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment