Monday, July 31, 2017

ES-CAP-E

WHAT AN AMAZING WEEK!! I had a great week and it was definitely filled with happiness. :)

So let me explain the heading haha. We were riding on a trike and I was just looking around and I saw the word "escape" on a car. I read it in my mind "es-cap-e" (yes, like in Finding Nemo)  I said to myself what the?? What kind of word is that?? What does that mean?  And then it dawned on me that it is an actual word in English... There's my little tagalog/english humor for today!

This week was amazing honestly. I loved it. Although it was just a little different with my new calling, it was just great :) We were able to have two baptisms yesterday!! I can honestly say that JP and Arjay are a lot smarter than I was when I was 9 and 10!! You should've of seen them after their baptism, they were so happy :)  Even though it was transfers, we were able to have progress in our area! The Babante family that I talked about last week, (the father is a member but the rest of his family isn't) they have come to church the last couple weeks and we were able to find out that Sister KNOWS the Church is true!! As we heard that, we taught about the Plan of Salvation and the importance of baptism and extended a baptism date for August 12! As soon as the kids heard that, they jumped up and said "Ma! We are going to be able to be baptized??" Oh man!  What an amazing lesson and family!!

All I can say is that I have been the happiest I have ever been in my WHOLE entire life. I can say that without a doubt. A missionary that just returned from his mission, bore his testimony in sacrament yesterday and it made me realize more about myself. I may have thought I knew who I was before my mission, the things I was going to do and what kind of person I was supposed to be, but I have realized more and more I had no idea about myself. Here on my mission I have come so much closer to Christ. I have found the real person the Lord wants me to be.  I have never experienced so much joy in my life! I know Christ lives. I know this is His church. I'm grateful to be here sharing the fullness of the Gospel with the people of the Philippines. What a great and perfect plan God has for us.
--
      Elder Cody Aguiar
Philippines Quezon City Mission

Babante Family

Baptism

Adventures on P-Day



No comments:

Post a Comment