Monday, June 19, 2017

New Week in Antipolo City

Anu bi yann. magkaiba talaga dito.. Oh wait, english. WHOOPS!! So I'm here in Antipolo City and the first thing that I will tell you is that I feel totally out of place in a more city-like enviorment. I honestly am really trying to adjust. Our area has seriously HUMONGOUS hills  we walk up and down and my legs aren't used to it yet.. haha but it's all ok. There is actually a ward here, not a branch, and they are way funny and so very nice.

My new companion is Elder Rey and this only his third transfer here on his whole mission. It's really weird helping someone else to become a more effective missionary because I feel like I'm still trying to learn myself, but he is really hard working. Also, we have another companionship in the house and they are all native filipinos. LONG STORY SHORT I haven't heard or even had to think about English this whole week. These last couple of transfers I have been blessed by the Lord and he has increased my ability to speak this language. Before, when I was newer in the mission, no one could understand me, but now I'll catch myself just spitting out Tagalog super fast and it surprises me talaga! 

I've been able to come a lot closer to the Lord this last week, and I can tell you that He is absolutely amazing, and even "amazing" cannot describe the glory of Jesus Christ or our Heavenly Father. I can honestly say that there is no word in the whole human vocabulary that can describe the feelings I have of the tender mercies we recieve from our loving Father in Heaven. All I can say is that Christ lives, He truly does, and so great is the joy of being His children! 

Love,
Elder Aguiar

Saying goodbye to the area and people I love the most

Goodbye Mindoro!

Going out for the day with Elder Rey


No comments:

Post a Comment