Monday, March 20, 2017

Transfers!!

Drum Rolll... I'm going to... stay here. haha! I will be staying in Rizal for another transfer! I won't be getting a new companion, so everything will stay the same for the next 6 weeks! I remember what Brother Rutherford told our class in the MTC. Your MTC experience, your first 6 months and the rest of your mission will feel like the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. I thought to myself, "How is that possible?" But being 9 months out, I understand fully what he told us back in the MTC.

Highlights of this week:
-Micheal was baptized!
-We got to go work in the rice fields (harvest na) in our proselyting clothes
-I rode a Caribou
-Brown Outs

So we had the opportunity to baptize and confirm Micheal this past week! He shared his testimony afterwards and it was so strong! He knows with all his heart this church is true and I'm grateful for him!

So I haven't really talked about Mindoro that much since I have been here. It is an Island, so its really beautiful. But it also means, life for people here is harder. Even at our house, we have NO running water. Haha. They only have bumbas here (water pumps) that are used by the community. So everyone just comes and goes when they need water. Also, there are like 20 brownouts here a week. Where everyone's power goes out. (It gets especially hot without a fan). But everyone is so happy all the time! There are always people that want to talk and have a conversation, they are the best!

I'm grateful for the people here and for all the lessons I have learned from living here. I'm grateful for the love of my Heavenly Father and for Him always being there to help me through my ups and downs. I'm thankful for the knowledge that no matter where I am in life, what pains I feel, I can always feel the unceasing love of my Father in Heaven!

Love,
Elder Aguiar

Harvesting in the rice fields

Caribou Jockey! :)

Peditin Family

Binyag Ni Micheal​ (baptism of Micheal)


No comments:

Post a Comment