Sunday, January 8, 2017

First Full Week in Mindoro

Hello Beautiful People!! I'm not sure why but I'm in a great mood today!! JK (I KNOW WHY.. It's because I'm a missionary of Jesus Christ and sharing His TRUE gospel!!)

So its been a busy week! We have found out our area is absolutely HUGE! Maybe like 5 miles across!! Or even more! I know that does not sound like a lot but in the Philippines, houses are so much closer than back home. So, over 5 miles is amazingly huge. My last area was about maybe 1-2 across. 

But this last week I have gotten absolutely PRO at:
1. Taking a shower with a bucket and ladle
2. Eating whole coconuts or (Buko) with a spoon
3. Traveling.....

So, here are so many members and they are probably the kindest people I have ever met. They sit down and sit through lessons, listening to me in my broken Tagalog. 
There have been many times honestly, that I have told myself that I can't do it.  That I can't speak Tagalog.  Surprisingly, I've never felt really down on myself. As soon as thoughts like those enter into my mind, I feel a sense of motivation and wanting to speak the language even more. And I know for a FACT that it was the Lord helping me through my difficulties. When I feel alone, the Lord is always there for me. I found out that he won't always manifest Himself in obvious ways. But if you look closely and actively look for Him, He will be there for us:)

EXPERIENCE: So this week we decided to go to one of the farthest towns in our area. It's called Iririon. It was a long trike ride and also another long walk to get to the town, but well worth it. We got to talk with a less active who is also a recent convert. He is AMAZING! He is really nice. He cut down buko (coconut) from a tree and we got to eat it fresh! :) Also, he is a caretaker of an old resort that was built on a CORAL REEF. So, as we were looking for new people to teach, we got to see this beautiful beach. (pictures in my google drive). But we were blessed to find a new family who is so happy to know that FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER. And they are the greatest ever.

That's it for this week! I'm happy to know that after this life, through the Restored Gospel, families can be together forever. And that we can live with not only our families after this life, but with Our Loving Father in Heaven:)

Until next week,
Love, Elder Cody Aguiar








No comments:

Post a Comment