Monday, September 26, 2016

One month mark!

So this week marks my one month here in the Philippines! It has gone by so fast, it’s absolutely crazy! I love it here. I don’t have too much time, but I want to say that Heavenly Father is our father and that he listens to you. He watches over you always even when you don’t think he does. The week has been filled with so many joyous moments and also some sad ones. So Donna, who is on track to baptism on Oct.15, moved apartments because of problems in her life. So, this meant that we couldn’t teach her anymore because she is out of our boundaries. I cannot tell you how extremely sad this was for me. We met a 16 year old girl with such a readiness to receive the gospel. I prayed so much on Sunday night for her because she wasn’t answering our phone calls or texts, but a day later, she texted us saying she wants us to teach her, and I cannot tell you how happy I was to hear that. That night we taught her the Plan of Salvation and the whole lesson was filled with the Spirit. It was truly amazing to see how happy she was. I know that Heavenly Father listens to us, and in his own time, he will bless us. I know that Christ lives, that he is Our Savior and Redeemer and that he loves us more than we know. I know as we all have trials in our lives, if you kneel and pray, you will be blessed. I know that for a fact. I love this work, I know why Im here in the Philippines and I know that this Gospel is true. I also know through relying on Christ and putting our faith in him, we will able to feel his love in the hardest times.

Love,

Elder Aguiar




No comments:

Post a Comment