Monday, September 12, 2016

Jingle Bells

So I think I forgot to say that it's CHRISTMAS HERE! Christmas starts in the Philippines the first week of September for some reason, but it's great haha! I am already hearing Christmas music and it's super funny.  

This week... let's just say it has been... eventful... It is the rainy season here but it hasn't rained in a while so its super hot... And I've been called alot of "friendly" names this week like, "Hey Joe" and "Amerikano".  I have also been hit on by some guys.... that look like girls... sooo... it's been definitely a new experience I could say. Also, some Filipinos say I look like Elaina from Vampire Diaries. I have no idea who that is, but someone will have to tell me if I do or not. I've also seen chicken fights, spider fights, dog fights and tons and tons of cats and dogs. There are thousands of dogs and cats here that just roam around! It's super crazy. But, here in the Philippines are the kindest people I have ever met. Also my thoughts revert back to John Bytheway's talk on "What I Wish I Would've Known Before My Mission". He served in Baguio  which is northen Philippines. He said "It humbles me to tears" and that's exactly how I feel. The people here live in some of the most humbling conditions and will cook food or go and buy food with the few pesos they have so they can feed you. These people are honestly amazing and I feel Heavenly Fathers love for each of them. 


On a less serious note, I have found out that there is NO real cheese in the Philippines. I was talking to my companion about string cheese and he had no idea what I was talking about!! Haha! I have also learned that Filipinos here love mayo... I was eating with Elder Radin (my companion from Bagiuo) and he was literally squirting it in his mouth!!! He laughed because he saw how gross I thought it was! Also, we have an investigator that makes HOME MADE PEANUT BUTTER!! Its sooooooo good. It's amazing.  I also got my first haircut here! It was from a member that owns a barbershop and IT WAS THE BEST HAIRCUT I HAVE EVER HAD. Plus, it was only 30 pesos which is like 60 cents. The last crazy thing that happened is that we were coming home from church and we took a trike home.  We FIT 7 GROWN PEOPLE INSIDE IT! Please look up a picture of a Filipino trike on the internet and then picture 7 people on it!  Haha!  It was great!

I want you to know that I know this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth. I know that God is our loving Father in Heaven and that he knows each of us and loves us more than we can comprehend. I know sometimes things may be difficult but through prayer we can return to the path of Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of god and through it you can feel the Holy Spirit of God and by that you can know it's truthfulness. I know that through faith in Jesus Christ we can do anything and I know that Christ lives and died for us so we can return to our Heavenly Father once again.

Love, 
Elder Aguiar


No comments:

Post a Comment