Monday, September 19, 2016

Hey Joe

Hey Joe! I have heard this so many times this week! Haha. Anyway, this week has been a super busy long week. We have been very busy with our first Zone Conference and teaching a lot and preparing our investigators for baptism. Something that has made this transfer extra hard is that we have 4 people in our apartment. Each companionship works on opposite sides of the city where we are in Tayuman. Tayuman A and Tayuman B. Elder Radin and I are over Tayman B and Elder Talaboc and Elder Battaraw are over Tayuman A. But what had happened is Elder Battaraw went back to his original mission in India, so the three of us are all companions now and covering the whole area which is just more difficult. It's not that bad but it makes the work we are doing much more difficult. But anyway, we got to find and teach a ton this week! We meet with Boy Cardenas, and taught him the first lesson. He said that he wants to believe our message is true but he isn't sure yet. Towards the end our lesson, I went to give him a Book of Mormon and he said to me ''I'm sorry but I cant take this because I have no money." I thought, what? Why would we make anyone pay for the word of God? I then told him "No, the book is completely free.  It's all yours and you can read it." He said back to me "Really??" I said yes, and he had the biggest smile on his face. It was so glorious to see that and to see the joy that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings to others. I know that this work is true. I know that Jesus Christ lives and is our Redeemer in this Latter-Day. I know without any doubt that my Father in Heaven loves me more than I can ever know, and that makes me so amazingly happy. The joy we can receive from this true gospel is true and unlimited. I know sometimes we may go through trials that try our faith, but as we turn to God he will help us because we will never receive any burden we cannot bear. I love Heavenly Father and Christ with all my heart, I know that they know me personally, and I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES.​​​​​​​​
 
Love,
Elder Aguiar




No comments:

Post a Comment