Monday, April 23, 2018

Caterpillars, rashes and sharing the Gospel

So here I am in the same computer shop again. Time keeps going faster and faster, but this week was KILLER!!! It was just... let's say very very eventful!! 

First off,  last Sunday I started getting a rash and from what was going on, me and my companion have come to the conclusion that "hinigad ako" or this hairy caterpillar thing fell on me that has irritating hairs on it. I'm having trouble explaining this so just bare with me!! English is slowly going away. But I'm trying to get better. My face and eyes have been swollen but the rash has gone away!!

We also had new leaders training this week and it was amazing!! I love President and Sister Koster so much. We also have a senior couple that's assigned in our ward and we have gotten pretty close. They are amazing!!! Elder Ferney is so knowledgeable in the gospel, and they are just 1 of the many couples that said I could have dinner at their house when I go to Idaho, because that's where ALL the senior couples are from here in the mission.

We also went on splits this week and my companion was Tatay, who is about 60 and he was telling all the members we went to, that he was my father. I just went with it and we had a good time. We were able to share and bring the Spirit into some homes that really needed it and I hope they felt it as I did :) I love the people here.

We are more on the "finding" aspect here in our area and there are tons of people to teach. Basta the Filipino members just are so special and I love them. I'm pretty sure I have been able to see just an ounce of the love of the Lord has for them and it's more than any human being could possibly love.

We had a good talk this Sunday about the talk in general conference regarding our failures. I have come to the conclusion that failure is what makes us successful... If we get back up!!! I know that the Atonement of Christ is real. We can truly be forgiven for our "failures". I also know that The Priesthood does come from God in His mercy, so that we can help bless other so that they can "glorify their Father in Heaven". I know that this is truly the Lord's work and this is the Dispensation of the Fullness of times.
 
(Well the computer can't read my sd card so next week na lang)

-- 
Elder Cody Aguiar
Philippines Quezon City Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment