Sunday, December 11, 2016

Celebrating the Savior Every Day

So just of couple weeks till Christmas!

Last week I said that I would try to put more experinces into my letters, so here it goes!

Elder Reyes and I have been trying to put a lot of effort into our lessons and investigators this week, and the new #lighttheworld theme for Christmas from the Church is AMAZING. If you havent seen it, https://www.mormon.org/?cid=HP_FR_25-11-2016_dMIS_fmorg_xLIDyL1-A_ . Check it out. It is a small video about our Savior and things we can do this Christmas to help "Light the World". It is truly an amazing video. As we have used it, it has truly brought not only the Spirit of Christmas into our lessons, but the loving Spirit of the Lord. 

Also this week our Kabahay (all of us in our apartment) have truly seen miracles in our ward and in our work. We have been so very protected by the Lord this week.  We also joined the ward choir for the Christmas party on the 15th. It turns out that I am a "bass" and cannot sing any high notes whatsoever! HAHA 

I don't know who's bright idea this was.. but Elder Reyes (my companion) thinks its absolutely hillarious to tell all the little kids and small girls in our area that I am indeed, a member of OneDirection... There is one great downside to this. They ALL believe him.. So its been interesting seeing parents and their kids think that I am indeed a celebrity.. Even though I do not look even close to any of them, it is really funny :)

That is basically my week. I am short on time, but Merry Christmas. I know the Lord lives and that He is with us every step of the way of in our lives. I'm so blessed to have the family and the friends I do, and to have the knowledge of this great and everlasting gospel:) 

-Elder Cody Louis Aguiar

(A message from Mom:  This came in Cody's personal email to me and I thought I would include it for those of you who helped me with his Christmas present!)

"ONE OF MY FAVORITE presents was all the pictures from you all and my favorite families in  our ward. I absolutely loved that with all my heart. I'm gonna keep that for a while I think... It was great to hang that up and see everyone!

Christmas from home!!

JLeeRoys= liquid gold!  I am loved!

Gotta represent

Chillin

Our apartment... and our fans


Chopping down a banana tree... with a machete!  It's my dream!

Tastes like... cucumber



Yesssss

Oh man!  My FAVORITE!  I'm so happy!

Pictures from loved ones. My favorite gift

Foam ninja stars from Sam!

Gifts for Elder Reyes too.  He loved them!

Pictures and letters from home



Elder Aguiar stocking, so cool!









No comments:

Post a Comment