Thursday, July 28, 2016

Week 3

Kumusta mga tao!! This week was pretty HYPE. So as you guys know I'm in choir, and we got to sing with the Nashville Tribute Band which is a christian rock band and it was pretty fun, expecially singing together as our zone sat next to eachother! Our zone is easily the best zone in the MTC. 

As you can kinda tell, my spelling isnt the best, because now my brain is starting to function only in tagalog!! I really didnt think this would happen. But its really exciting. Whenever I say english prayers, I say tagalog words in them automatically. It's amazing to see the gift of tongues helping me so much in this experience. 

So Tuesday! Tuesdays are my favorite days as well as Sundays because we only have one 3 hour class and then a devotional at night! During our class on Tuesday, we do something called a "TRC" which is where you teach two 20 minute lessons to members of the church in tagalog. Elder Hunt and I taught a 70 year old Filipino. Her name was Sister Konishi. She was easily one of the funniest and happiest people I have met. Our lesson to her was about the Law of Tithing and as I was bearing my testimony about it in tagalog, I felt like I should bear my testimony to her about prayer and how important it is. So I used my favorite scripture about it which is D&C 10:5. And the number 10 in tagalog is "sampu" so it kind of sounds like "shampoo" and as I was telling her what scripture I was sharing with her, I accidently said shampoo and she looked at me and said "Ano?" (what?) and started laughing at me and used the hand motions as if she was washing her hair. It definitely humbled me a lot and it was super funny getting roasted by an older lady right in the middle of the lesson!...... and we sat there for about 5 minutes laughing at what I had said! haha! Later that night we had a devotional by Spencer J. Condie of the Quorum of the Seventy! It was a super good talk about Lehi's dream. I think because we read it so much, we sometimes look over it. But he went really in depth about it and it was such a great time to listen to him. 

OH! Yesterday all the new missionaries came in, and as we were going to class, we saw a girl with balloons for her birthday! So me and a bunch of other elders in our zone sung happy birthday to her! Her face lit up and was so happy that we did that. It was super great! 

So, yesterday all the older missionaries from our zone left to the Philippines and it was sad because we got super close with them. But now they are on a 26 hour flight to the Philippines (just air time is 26 hours) so, I'm feeling extra sorry about that. But I got the opportunity to get really close with our Zone Leader. His name was Elder Waite and he is going to the Baguio mission.  I found out we are going to the same college after our missions and we are both wanting to go into dentistry!!! So awesome!  I cant wait for that. 

So, since the older missionaries left we got new missionaries and so that makes us the old people! We gained about 60 more people and so now our zone is around 110 people! Which makes us the LARGEST zone for the REST OF THE YEAR in the MTC! And ALSO WE ARE THE BIGGEST group going into THE PHILIPPINES! Crazy RIGHT? Its so awesome and we have so much masigla and where ever we go our whole zone is always hyped, its great. Also I have the opportunity every sunday to bless the sacrement in Tagalog! Its super great!!!

I know that this church is true with out any doubt. Being in the MTC for the last 3 weeks has helped edify me. I have felt so much of my Heavenly Fathers love for me. I know that he blesses me everyday and knows me by name. I know that Christ Lives and that he died for me so that I can live with my Father in Heaven again. I know the Book Of Mormon to be the word of God and that both the Bible and Book of Mormon complete Gods word for us. I know that as we read both of these sacred books, we can come so much closer to Christ and God. And through those scriptures, we can feel their love for each and everyone of us. Iknow that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and was called by God to restore the church. I know this to be true without a shadow of a doubt.

Mahal KITA!

-ELDER AGUIAR

Me and Elder Waite

Huge choir practice on Sunday!

Elder Squad

Sisters teaching me to vsco

No comments:

Post a Comment