Thursday, July 21, 2016

Week 2

Wow! So what an awesome week. I started this week off with an awesome Sunday. Sundays are easily my favorite day of the week. We started it off with sacrement meeting with our Zone which has about 50 people in it that are all going to the Philippines. Its amazing. Then we all went to choir which has like 800-1000 people in it. Its so cool to sing with that many people!! I'll send a picture of it. Oh after choir, we have a Sunday devotional every week and this week we watched the "Character of Christ" video which was amazing. It is a talk by David A. Bednar (an apostle in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles). Afterwards guess who showed up?? Elder BEDNAR!! And I was only 5 rows from the very front!!! What an amazing meeting! He did a question-and-answer meeting so anyone could ask him a question out of the crowd and he'd answer it personally, about scriptures, doctrine, or things your having troubles with in the mission. What an EXPERIENCE! I loved it. My companion got to shake his hand which I'm bummed about, but oh well. 

The rest of this week, has been just the usual. The gym just opened again because they just finished the floors. And basketball and volleyball has been hype. I've had so much fun with both of them! I play both of them every morning. Our zone is so awesome. We sing so much and we all get along pretty good. We play basketball in the dorms and hang out everynight before bed in the lobby. This next week 100 people will be added to our zone so we will have about 140 people in our Philippines zone. The gift of tongues is super real. I know I've blessed by Christ to learn this language!! I've been dreaming in tagalog its super weird. To suddenly dream in a language I've only studied for 2 weeks... I sometimes catch myself thinking random thoughts in tagalog too. Really something I need to get used to! But other than that its been a normal week! Oh and I'd love to hear from you guys! Feel free to send me a "dear elder", which is a free site to where you can send an email to me, but it comes to me in a form of a letter so I can read it during the week and not just Thursdays! 

Here is my address: 
Elder Cody Louis Aguiar
AUG24  PHI-QUE
2005 N 900 E Unit 102
Provo UT 84602

Oh and I've heard people in my residence hall talk about Pokemon go. Like what the heck is that? Apparently it just came out and everyone is bummed about it! Haha I've never heard of that ever!

MASIGLA!!
-Elder Cody Louis Aguiar
Me and Elder Bland with my American tie
At the Provo temple
Surrounded by two countries

Zone temple walk

Choir practice!

Me!
Tag picture

No comments:

Post a Comment