Monday, January 22, 2018

Divine Design

So ever since last conference I have constantly thought and pondered about Elder Rasband's talk about the Divine Design of God. And everyday it's gotten more and more real for me. There have been a lot of great things that have happened this week. One of them that topped it off for the week, happened last night with a recent convert here :) He has been stuggling lately with some things he struggled with before his baptism, and he started going back to his old life. This was really hard for me because I just have this special love for him and we are close. But as you can imagine, it was even harder for his mother to see him like this. I won't tell exactly what happened because I feel it's not really my story to tell, but yesterday I could see as he told me that a huge blessing, a huge miracle, happened to him. As we talked about it, about him and the Lord, it was a very tender moment, especially for him. I know this is kinda vague, but I know talaga that the Lord is SO mindful of each one of us. Even when we feel like we are alone (as I mistakenly felt last week) that's when God is closest to us. This Gospel is true. This Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. There are a lot of things or people that say otherwise, but the Lord has blessed me with many moments I cannot forget or mistake for mere coincidence. If you follow all the commandments-both scriptual and latter day- the Lord has given us, there is no way we won't know these things personally for ourselves! :) 

I love the Lord. I love my God, my Father in Heaven. I love this Church, I love this missionary work and know it to be the most important work on this whole earth. I love my wonderful HUGE family the Lord has so lovingly given to me in this life. I know that without a doubt Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is at the head of this church because afterall, it is His.

Have a good week, remember to be loving, remember to see the many blessings you receive every day (One of my favorites, simple but powerful, Alma 26:2) and you will truly be humbled :)
 

-- 
Elder Cody Aguiar
Philippines Quezon City Mission

Eating corn, like Nacho Libre ;)

A member from my last area sent this to me. In the middle are two of our converts attending the temple.  How awesome!  Mark your calendars for Sept!  Temple dealings of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment