Tuesday, December 5, 2017

What the bundok?

So this has been my first area in Quirino area, and the "city" I thought I was moving to turns out to be just a mountain!! haha we are the only one in the whole city zone that has ABSOLUTELY NO CITY AT ALL!! It's awesome :) Anyways, it's only been one week and I can say that I already LOVE the people so much. They have a very special place in my heart :) Our area also is basically "squatters" as they are called, which is just houses built on houses, so there are tons of people living in a pretty small place. 

Our district is super amazing!! We have 4 Sisters and 4 Elders and it's a super happy district!! I've been able already to interview 2 children of God for baptism this past week. I was able to see and hear how the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ has touched them personally and changed their lives as they were able to come to know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church here on the earth. I'm thankful for that and for the many things that have already happened this transfer. 

As I look back on how TIME HAS FLOWN BY so incredibly fast, I feel so blessed to be sitting down in the humble homes of my brothers and sisters here, eating their food, learning their culture and how willingly they have accepted me here. I didn't think I could be able to grow so close to a people that were so foriegn to me just 16 months ago.

I love the Lord, I love the Philippines and I know the church is true. It just IS! I can't fully explain my experiences but as I see how I and the investigators have changed by abiding to the precepts of the Gospel, I know we have come closer to Christ than by any other way. 

NXT WEEK I WILL HAVE PICTURES :)

Elder Cody Aguiar
Philippines Quezon City Mission

I met this guy, Brother Zebe, (He's from Vegas too, small world) outside the temple earlier today.  He and his wife decided to attend the temple as well, here in Manila

1 comment: